Are you someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo? Are you brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do? If so, we want you on our team. Please see our current open positions below:
As Programmatic Sales Manager, Mountain News is seeking an entrepreneurial-minded professional to drive continued advertising sales growth for the Eastern North American Market. You will be expected to collaborate with target clients directly, agencies, trading desks, DSPs, and SSPs to align their media objectives & strategy with Mountain News capabilities. You will report to the Director of North America Sales, and will work closely with internal Ad Operations, Account Management and Marketing teams. Successful candidates will understand the programmatic landscape and have a proven ability to determine prospects paid objectives and strategies, and develop proposals tailored to meet their needs. It is expected that you will have an active network of client-direct/agency/trading desk relationships and success closing programmatic & private marketplace business. Having passion for the mountain travel lifestyle is a must as this is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to join a fast growing, innovative, and dynamic digital media organization.
- Proactively prospect, qualify, grow and maintain all sales activities within the defined categories of focus
- Possess a thorough knowledge of the programmatic landscape & ecosystem
- Analyze and interpret key sales metrics and develop strategies to reach sales success
- Have a deep understanding of the Mountain Travel Consumer, their passions and what motivates them
- Generate/increase revenue of new and existing accounts to meet yearly revenue goals
- Quickly learn the Mountain Travel Audience Platform, its audience and data in order to pitch to clients based on accounts they cover
- Own, manage and develop relationships with clients (agencies, trading desks, DSPs, SSPs, etc.) through daily communication
- Grow industry relationships (client meetings, conferences) to gain marketplace expertise
- Communicate with clients via all modes of communication email, phone, in-person
- Communicate effectively and seamlessly with Sales, Ad Operations, Product Marketing, Research, and Dev
- College Degree
- Passion for the Mountain Travel Lifestyle
- 3-4 years of programmatic media sales experience
- Proven track record of success driving revenue (e.g., ability to capture and close the deal)
- Experience working with data management platforms (DMP), data exchanges, ad networks, demand side platforms (DSP), agency trading desks or supply side platforms (SSP) and ad servers
- Knowledge of programmatic and data-focused pricing models and market trends
- Excellent presentation, negotiation and customer relationship skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities; demonstrated time management skills.
- Strong new business development skills preferred
- Travel will be required as this is a national territory
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications and Salesforce.com
Click here to apply
Requisition ID 135932
Mountain News (MNC) is seeking a Director of Sales, North America. MNC the publisher of OnTheSnow.com has the largest media-addressable database of Mountain Travel consumers in the world, with over 10M consumers, and 30 million devices. Our product lines include inventory from our data-driven publisher trading desk, and direct sold inventory across our digital platforms. We are looking for a senior-level & experienced Director of Sales to grow Mountain News’s monetization in North America. You will join an international team of multi-talented people who are dedicated and passionate about Mountain Travel Lifestyle & the programmatic media landscape.
Your experience will reflect a solid understanding of digital advertising ecosystem and current industry trends in display, video, social and native. You will have strong agency and advertiser relationships, developed a sales strategy and deep understanding of programmatic advertising. Your rolodex of relationships within online advertising ecosystem is deep, strong, and relevant, especially within agencies, trading desk, and advertisers. Additionally, you do not focus on transactional sales; instead you practice and demonstrate to all involved a consultative sales model – focused on understanding clients media objectives and strategies, and aligning Mountain News capabilities against it.
Your job will be to lead a metrics-driven sales team, You will be expected to establish a process and grow a team—motivating and leading them to meet their revenue goals, and scale the sales team size in line with revenue growth.
- Define the consultative sales strategy to develop and reach targets that MNC has for the Americas market
- Negotiate and onboard media agencies, direct advertisers, trading desks, and sales houses for both direct and programmatic channels
- Drive MNC’s relationships with trading desks of each of the major ad agency groups at an account level
- Execute highly complex deals across buy-side partners – with the knowledge how to leverage your social capital to get the deals done
- Plan and establish new sales team, including hiring key sales people, setting revenue and KPI targets, and establishing sales procedures and methodology
- Responsible for setting, tracking and achieving sales revenue goals for US sales staff and US territory
- Contribute to origination and development of larger strategic partnerships (content + sales)
- Strategically identify new opportunities for revenue growth, using marketplace insight and feedback from demand partners
- Manage, evaluate and arbitrate among the existing partnerships for efficiency and ROI
- Provide market analysis and identify key actors for online advertising in local market
- Define and implement the regional monetization strategy
- Work closely across Ad Operations, & Product teams to drive programmatic and direct outcomes with major advertisers and agency budget
- Reporting and forecasting of the monthly results.
- 10-15 years of experience in the online digital space, with strong relationships at media agency and advertisers
- 2-3 years buy side media experience during career.
- Self-motivated with a willingness and comfort working in a ‘startup’ and agile environment
- Proven track record of building business lines from scratch to significant revenue contributors
- Strong knowledge of web/digital media and marketing
- Strong sales capacity and relationship (client services) building techniques
- Solid oral and written communication skill
- Ability to understand/present complex products and deal structures
- Strong leadership and drive in the management of teams
- Ability to define, build and manage a whole sales team
- Must have a strong ability to present and effectively engage in detailed conversations with clients
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Deep understanding of digital advertising metrics and current industry trends (for mobile, display and video) is required
- Experience with yield management / ad product management / media analytics or programmatic advertising is a plus
- Excellent analytical skills that include the ability to see granular as well as big-picture issues
Click here to apply
Requisition ID 136167
Mountain News Corporation (MNC), a media subsidiary of Vail Resorts, is seeking a Data & Audience Manager. MNC, the publisher of OnTheSnow.com, has the largest media-addressable database of Mountain Travel Consumers in the world, with more than 10M consumers and 30M devices. Our product lines include inventory from our data-driven publisher trading desk, and direct sold inventory across our digital platforms. We are looking for a Data & Audience Manager to become the in-house expert in the use of our Data Management Platform (DMP) and the methods by which it can be used to effectively optimize performance. You will join an international team of multi-talented people who are dedicated and passionate about the Mountain Travel Lifestyle and programmatic media landscape.
- Manage DMP activities including taxonomy, data collection, audience discovery, segmentation, and activation
- Manage day-to-day execution of data monetization products
- Work closely with Global Ad Operations and External Advertisers to develop and manage audience strategies for programmatic advertising campaigns
- Provide high-value and effective audience products to meet advertisers strategic or tactical needs
- Manage technical requirements for systems including the DMP and site-side analytics to drive audience analytics, segmentation, and activation tactics
- Build tracking and measurement strategies to evaluate segments against pre-defined client KPIs
- Report on key segmentation insights and develop recommendations for optimizing performance and scaling out segments
- Build go-to-market ready Data & Audience products complete with pricing, marketing collateral, and operational processes
- Work with DMP account team (Salesforce and/or Adobe) to maximize platform utilization
- Build and maintain internal business dashboards focused on business operations metrics and KPIs
- Communicate MNC’s data capabilities to global Marketing & Sales teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Finance, Business, Statistics or other quantitative field required
- 4-5 years previous digital advertising experience
- Experience with audience segmentation, targeting, or profiling in a DMP (Adobe Audience Manager, Salesforce DMP, Oracle BlueKai, etc.)
- Strong understanding of digital advertising ecosystem including ad serving, programmatic advertising, paid media channels, tag management, site-side analytics
- Experience in performance-based marketing is considered a plus
- Experience with analytics tools/software such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics would be preferred. Alteryx and Tableau experience is a plus.
- Experience informing Yield Optimization & Monetization strategies with a focus on CPM, impression, and revenue trends through data-driven insights is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Ability to adjust as role and business needs evolve
- Detail-oriented, organized and excellent verbal and written communication skills
Click here to apply
Requisition ID 140807