Are you someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo? Are you brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do? If so, we want you on our team. Please see our current open positions below:
As Programmatic Sales Manager, Mountain News is seeking an entrepreneurial-minded professional to drive continued advertising sales growth for the Eastern North American Market. You will be expected to collaborate with target clients directly, agencies, trading desks, DSPs, and SSPs to align their media objectives & strategy with Mountain News capabilities. You will report to the Director of North America Sales, and will work closely with internal Ad Operations, Account Management and Marketing teams. Successful candidates will understand the programmatic landscape and have a proven ability to determine prospects paid objectives and strategies, and develop proposals tailored to meet their needs. It is expected that you will have an active network of client-direct/agency/trading desk relationships and success closing programmatic & private marketplace business. Having passion for the mountain travel lifestyle is a must as this is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to join a fast growing, innovative, and dynamic digital media organization.
- Proactively prospect, qualify, grow and maintain all sales activities within the defined categories of focus
- Possess a thorough knowledge of the programmatic landscape & ecosystem
- Analyze and interpret key sales metrics and develop strategies to reach sales success
- Have a deep understanding of the Mountain Travel Consumer, their passions and what motivates them
- Generate/increase revenue of new and existing accounts to meet yearly revenue goals
- Quickly learn the Mountain Travel Audience Platform, its audience and data in order to pitch to clients based on accounts they cover
- Own, manage and develop relationships with clients (agencies, trading desks, DSPs, SSPs, etc.) through daily communication
- Grow industry relationships (client meetings, conferences) to gain marketplace expertise
- Communicate with clients via all modes of communication email, phone, in-person
- Communicate effectively and seamlessly with Sales, Ad Operations, Product Marketing, Research, and Dev
- College Degree
- Passion for the Mountain Travel Lifestyle
- 3-4 years of programmatic media sales experience
- Proven track record of success driving revenue (e.g., ability to capture and close the deal)
- Experience working with data management platforms (DMP), data exchanges, ad networks, demand side platforms (DSP), agency trading desks or supply side platforms (SSP) and ad servers
- Knowledge of programmatic and data-focused pricing models and market trends
- Excellent presentation, negotiation and customer relationship skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities; demonstrated time management skills.
- Strong new business development skills preferred
- Travel will be required as this is a national territory
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications and Salesforce.com
Click here to apply
Requisition ID 135932
Mountain News (MNC) is seeking a Director of Sales, North America. MNC the publisher of OnTheSnow.com has the largest media-addressable database of Mountain Travel consumers in the world, with over 10M consumers, and 30 million devices. Our product lines include inventory from our data-driven publisher trading desk, and direct sold inventory across our digital platforms. We are looking for a senior-level & experienced Director of Sales to grow Mountain News’s monetization in North America. You will join an international team of multi-talented people who are dedicated and passionate about Mountain Travel Lifestyle & the programmatic media landscape.
Your experience will reflect a solid understanding of digital advertising ecosystem and current industry trends in display, video, social and native. You will have strong agency and advertiser relationships, developed a sales strategy and deep understanding of programmatic advertising. Your rolodex of relationships within online advertising ecosystem is deep, strong, and relevant, especially within agencies, trading desk, and advertisers. Additionally, you do not focus on transactional sales; instead you practice and demonstrate to all involved a consultative sales model – focused on understanding clients media objectives and strategies, and aligning Mountain News capabilities against it.
Your job will be to lead a metrics-driven sales team, You will be expected to establish a process and grow a team—motivating and leading them to meet their revenue goals, and scale the sales team size in line with revenue growth.
- Define the consultative sales strategy to develop and reach targets that MNC has for the Americas market
- Negotiate and onboard media agencies, direct advertisers, trading desks, and sales houses for both direct and programmatic channels
- Drive MNC’s relationships with trading desks of each of the major ad agency groups at an account level
- Execute highly complex deals across buy-side partners – with the knowledge how to leverage your social capital to get the deals done
- Plan and establish new sales team, including hiring key sales people, setting revenue and KPI targets, and establishing sales procedures and methodology
- Responsible for setting, tracking and achieving sales revenue goals for US sales staff and US territory
- Contribute to origination and development of larger strategic partnerships (content + sales)
- Strategically identify new opportunities for revenue growth, using marketplace insight and feedback from demand partners
- Manage, evaluate and arbitrate among the existing partnerships for efficiency and ROI
- Provide market analysis and identify key actors for online advertising in local market
- Define and implement the regional monetization strategy
- Work closely across Ad Operations, & Product teams to drive programmatic and direct outcomes with major advertisers and agency budget
- Reporting and forecasting of the monthly results.
- 10-15 years of experience in the online digital space, with strong relationships at media agency and advertisers
- 2-3 years buy side media experience during career.
- Self-motivated with a willingness and comfort working in a ‘startup’ and agile environment
- Proven track record of building business lines from scratch to significant revenue contributors
- Strong knowledge of web/digital media and marketing
- Strong sales capacity and relationship (client services) building techniques
- Solid oral and written communication skill
- Ability to understand/present complex products and deal structures
- Strong leadership and drive in the management of teams
- Ability to define, build and manage a whole sales team
- Must have a strong ability to present and effectively engage in detailed conversations with clients
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Deep understanding of digital advertising metrics and current industry trends (for mobile, display and video) is required
- Experience with yield management / ad product management / media analytics or programmatic advertising is a plus
- Excellent analytical skills that include the ability to see granular as well as big-picture issues
Click here to apply
Requisition ID 136167
Mountain News (MNC) is seeking a Senior Manager Digital Experience. The Senior Manager Digital Experience at Mountain News Corporation, reporting to the Director, Global Operations, will lead the Content and Product teams. Utilizing a data and audience driven approach, you will lead teams in North America and Europe to enhance our core asset of mountain resort and snow data by delivering a best in class digital experience to drive user engagement and segmentation of MNC’s first party audience data. You will join an international team of multi-talented people who are dedicated and passionate about the Mountain Travel Lifestyle & the programmatic media landscape.
- Drive strategies to deliver best-in-class digital experiences including Digital Content, UX, SEO and Product strategies based on a data driven and Audience segmentation approach.
- Implement content strategies including enhancing our snow & mountain resort data along with content sourcing and curation strategies to ensure our digital brand continues to grow.
- Improve our digital presence to optimize the experience and engagement.
- SEO expertise with the ability to utilize analytics to track SEO and content initiatives to increase the organic search channel.
- Produce, leverage and structure analytics reports to evaluate the growth of our digital experience and to identify new areas of opportunity to optimize our web and app presence focused on UX and Audience segmentation.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to define the implementation of all digital platform projects and products.
- Focus on leadership and employee development.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 5+ years experience in a leadership role implementing innovative digital content strategies.
- 5+ years digital experience leading web and mobile experience strategy and evolution, with a strong emphasis on digital and user experience.
- Experience using web analytics tools (Google or Adobe Analytics) and with a data management platform (Adobe Audience Manager or similar).
- Expertise with SEO best practices.
- Ability to use analytics to identify trends, issues and opportunities.
- Flexible and able to respond to changing business priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility and strong working relationships across the organization and with outside partners.
Click here to apply
Requisition ID 136416